Tuesday 21 June 2016

SOIBUM THONGBA (BAMBOO SHOOT CURRY)



Soibum (Fermented Bamboo Shoot) is another Manipuri food item which is fermented before consumption like "Ngari & Hawai Jar" and like me most Manipuri's just love "Soibum Eromba". Eromba is the most common dish from Soibum but its also added in Pork curry and Nga- Soibum Kanghou (Kakching ge Nga- Soibum Kanghou is really famous), few weeks back a fren of mine invited me for lunch and she had made this curry....it was not only yummmm and I was having it for the first time. I liked it so much that I decided to try it myself...the final verdict of my 1st attempt very......really good. Soibum ga nga ga thongba(bamboo shoot and fish curry is one of the delicacies of Manipuri cuisine.It is enjoyed equally by young and old alike.Considering the ability of bamboo shoot to prevent cancer,it is indeed a must try for those who haven't had the chance to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment